Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My puppy she is a 8 mo old I noticed 2 days ago looks like

Customer Question

Hi my puppy she is a 8 mo old I noticed 2 days ago looks like she might have poked her eye it's watering and she isn't eating as well as normal this am I out yogurt on her food and she ate it all? Not sure if I should just keep a eye on it???
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hello. It sounds like she probably has a corneal ulcer or scratch to the eye. These are quite painful and can easily get infected. I would not wait to get this treated. With eyes, the sooner the better to start treatment. I would go in today to get it stained. That will confirm the presence of an ulcer. After that, they'll likely start some antibiotic drops to get it cleared up. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.