Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dogs stomach is contracting every 3-4 breaths really hard.

Customer Question
He was fine this evening...
My dogs stomach is contracting every 3-4 breaths really hard. He was fine this evening, fell asleep on couch after dinner, then I woke him up to go to bed. He was dazed and could barely move. I got him outside, he owed and I carried him to bed. Now he's very lethargic.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: His stomach is contracting hard
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not been answered!!!! It's been over 8 minutes!!!!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is bullshit. I want my money back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
4/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Hello. I just logged on and saw this question. I'm working on an answer for you.
It sounds like he is having some general gastroenteritis. This can lead to increased GI motility and cramping type pain. To help with these signs, you can try a couple things. The first is an antacid. I usually go with Pepcid AC (Famotidine). The dose in dogs is 0.25 mg per lb body weight. It can be given every 12-24 hours, as needed. Another thing you could give is Aspirin for pain. The dose of aspirin in dogs is 5 mg per lb every 12-24 hours. I would be a little hesitant with Aspirin, as it can potentially cause ulcers. If the Pepcid is not enough, though, it is an option. If the signs are not resolving over the next 12-24 hours, then I would get a vet exam and more specific therapy based on physical exam +/- x-ray findings. Sorry again for the wait, let me know if you have any other questions.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He has a kidney infection.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully he is being treated and he recovers fully.
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian