Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our 5 month old havanese is snorting allot. I'm sure there

Customer Question
is something stuck up in...
Our 5 month old havanese is snorting allot. I'm sure there is something stuck up in her nose/sinus passage
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: She was digging in beach sand last night
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: Theres something in her nose! I can't see it, either, to get it
JA: OK. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Pixie
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: She threw up foamy yellow bile
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Pixie eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not sure
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/2/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear of this with Pixie. You're necessarily constrained to having her anesthetized and her nose scoped. This is the only manner in which we can see if foreign material is present and, if so, extract it with an alligator forceps. My primary concern is plant material rather than sand. Foxtails (plant awns/see below) are most worrisome if you live where these plants grow.Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian