Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

We have recently purchased a pug puppy from a breeder. He is

Customer Question
We have recently purchased a...
We have recently purchased a pug puppy from a breeder. He is 5 1/2 weeks old now, and the only one of his litter that isn't walking yet. The breeder says that dogs develop at different rates, just like children, but we are concerned that there might be an underlying problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/23/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I Am sorry to hear about your problem! I would definitely request a veterinary exam of the puppy. Most puppies are walking by 3 weeks of age, and I would be concerned if a puppy was not walking by 5 1/2 weeks old!

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian