Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have an English bulldog, he is 18 months old. I have had m

Customer Question
Hi Dr, I have an English...
Hi Dr,
I have an English bulldog, he is 18 months old. I have had him since he was 3 months old. We started Royal Canin kibble (bulldog). He was fine but suffered from constipation. However, after doing alot of research I have switched all my dogs to Barf diet (chicken and carrots). My dog now suffers from skin issues most probably mange. I have cured him before with coconut oil and apple cider vinegar. But it came back again and this time is worse than ever. smelly puss,dry skin, redness and itchy skin. Hair falling out. Ive heard that it might be his immune system. Please help me cure my dog. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. I am thinking he may have food allergies. Have you tried any other protein sources besides the chicken? Chicken is the number one allergen.

Has he been allergy tested to see what he is allergic to? It is a blood test done by a vet.

How often do you bathe him and what do you use?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian