Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Has an ear that has filled with blood liquid. Have to drain

Customer Question
it. Sorry can afford...
Has an ear that has filled with blood liquid. Have to drain it. Sorry can afford a vet visit. Have penicillin but it need to know how much Tylenol 3 I can give him to make the whole draining thing less painful.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: 11 years old. Diabetes. Good boy !!
JA: I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the diabetes. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Max and he takes insulin. Just can't afford a vet to drain his ear. I am giving him 1.5 penicillin
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. I have some bad news about your draining plan. If you drain it today then it is just going to fill up again tomorrow.

I tried that method when I first got our of vet school many years ago. It makes a mess and is a waste of time.

If you can not get him to a vet to have it surgically corrected then the blood will reabsorb in 2-3 months. The ear will heal with a firm and wrinkled appearance.

Dogs can not take Tylenol-3 because of the acetominophen.

I would try icing it for 20 minutes each hour and see if you can get some of the swelling to go down.

Does that help? I know it is not the news you wanted but I am just being honest.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian