Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have 7 dogs cant afford to bring all to vet, puppies

Customer Question

i have 7 dogs cant afford to bring all to vet, puppies tested positive for coccidian so I want to treat my outdoor dogs with corid. Do I give 1ml per 5 lbs or do I give 1 cc per 5 lbs
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the puppy?
Customer: The puppies are treated already, they had cocdcidicin not sure of spelling the parasite
JA: There are all sorts of infestations the puppy can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: I have 7 dogs I am treating. I ordered corid. Want to treat adult dogs with that
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?
Customer: No puppies are healthy, got medicine from vet for them. I have too many adult dogs to bring to vet, wanted to treat them with corid hoping it works
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear your puppies have these parasites. My name is ***** ***** I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

One cc and one ml are the same thing. What is the strength of your Corid, how many milligrams of amprolium in 1 cc/ml?

There are many species of Coccidia, and Corid only gets a couple of them; it is not the best thing to treat coccidia in dogs (it is not labeled for dogs, it is a product for large animals that have different parasites than dogs). Albon is more effective in dogs and puppies.

Let me know what other questions I can answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9.6 unable to get anything else in internt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only way you can get the albon is by bring all the dogs in paying for stool samples and then paying 60 dollars a bottle for each dog. Cant do that I am hoping the corid works. Want to know dosage to give dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

You can try it; it just might not work depending on which Coccidia your dogs have. Some vets will dispense enough medication to treat all the dogs in a home, if they have seen and diagnosed a parasite in a couple of your dogs. It would be better to get a medication that is actually labeled for dogs, not cattle. They have different parasites.

If it is 9.6 millgrams per cc/ml Give me a moment to check the dosage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9.6 per cent oral solution coccidiostat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I think you mean 96 mg per ml, if it is a 9.6% solution.

The dose I find is 100 mg ( which would be abount 1ml or 1cc) in small puppies, daily for 7 to 12 days.

200 mg (2 ml/cc) for large puppies for 7 to 12 days.

300 to 400 mg (3 to 4 ml/cc) in dogs daily for 7 to 12 days.

I hope it helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 to 4 ml in a dog, would it be in 15 to 25 lbs and what about a 80 lb dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

My drug book says maximum 400 mg for a dog, once daily, 7 to 12 days. That would be 3 to 4 ml.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I would give 3 ml to smaller dogs and 4 to the larger ones.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you