Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Ear odar Discharge from penis Runny/had bloody stool red…

Customer Question
Ear odar Discharge from penis Runny/had bloody...
Ear odar
Discharge from penis
Runny/had bloody stool
red eyes
itching several places
tired
red spots on his nose
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
What would this be?
3/15/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Doc Sara, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that your pet is not feeling well. I just want to confirm - you are talking about a dog? Is this a male or female? Spayed/neutered?

Each one of those symptoms that you've described have an individual list of potential causes. They are not necessarily linked or related to one another, though.

Ear odor can be normal, although if it's accompanied by redness, pain, and discharge, it's likely the result of a bacterial or yeast overgrowth in the ear canal. Usually there is an underlying allergy that causes ear infections.

Runny/bloody stool can be caused by dietary indiscretions, infectious agent (viruses, bacteria), intestinal parasites, IBD or intestinal cancers.

Red eyes can be due to stress, allergies, dry eye, glaucoma, corneal ulcers, inflammation of the eye, infections.... The list is long.

Itching is frequently related to allergies, but can also be compounded by bacterial or yeast overgrowth on the skin or external parasites like fleas or mange.

"tired" is very vague - it can be caused by just about anything.

I don't know what to make of the red spots on the nose without being able to see them myself - I'd be happy to review a picture if you like.

It's always best to have your pet examined by the vet if they are ill - especially in this case since there are such a wide variety of signs here.

Please let me know what other questions I can handle for you.

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)

Doc Sara
Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian