Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog is 11 years old. Today she started having a tender

Customer Question

Hi. My dog is 11 years old. Today she started having a tender stomach. She's very tired and doesn't move much. She was eating earlier. But now she isn't. She had a normal bm around lunch. But when I got home earlier and picked her up, she cried and whined.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Franc. She's a dachshund.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Franc?
Customer: She had pancreatitis last year. But she's not vomiting or having diarrhea.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to assist you with this.....pancreatitis has a myriad of clinical signs.....you can get just abdominal pain or you can have just vomiting or just diarrhea, or just lethargy...the clinical picture is very varied...you cannot rule this out just because she is not vomiting. If she has abdominal pain then this is considered an acute abdomen and should be checked out immediately tonight at an ER. As you can imagine acute abdomen can include other things like serious gall bladder problems or hemorrhage in the abdomen. So anytime your pet experiences abdominal pain it should be considered a medical emergency until proven otherwise. Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. Sincerely, DRB

Please rate my answer as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up questions! Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

If I have retired for the night before you come back to the site please leave any questions you may have here and I will get back to you by early am.Sincerely, DRB

But I feel you should take your pet in tonight. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B