Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My shih tzu ate a mini cupcake wrapper, Izzy and she is 7,

Customer Question
My shih tzu ate a...
My shih tzu ate a mini cupcake wrapper
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Izzy and she is 7
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Izzy?
Customer: 10 lbs healthy
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/13/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Luckily even with her size she should pass this without incident as it will be partially digestible by the stomach. No need to induce vomiting. What she doesn't digest should pass readily through the intestinal tract and there are a few things we can to to aid things along:

1.) Feed a meal of white rice and lean boiled meat or white rice mixed with dinner to help bulk up the material in her stomach and push the wrapper through

2.) Take a nice walk to help move the material through in about an hour. Not running around but a leash walk which helps encourage emptying of the stomach and digestion

3.) In about 4 hours repeat a small meal which is used to help bulk up the wrapper to hopefully push them through

4.) Monitor for signs of the material coming out the other end in the next 24-48 hours

5.) Again tomorrow a few nice long leash walks to help encourage gi motility and pushing the foreign material through the intestinal tract

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! I am online another 15 minutes this evening

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian