Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Last couple weeks my dog has been sick sometimes morning

Customer Question

Last couple weeks my dog has been sick sometimes morning some days nothing sometimes afternoon, its yellow and watery.today she hardly eat ,few mouthfuls. Shes nearly 10 years old
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: Keeps being sick,yellow and watery
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: Doesnt seem in pain not hurt
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Kya
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kya?
Customer: No shes been sick on and off couple weeks now wont eat
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

While such persistent vomiting is an important symptom it's not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Because anorexia has now arisen in addition to Kya's vomiting, time is of the essence in having her attended to by her vet. She's going to end up dehydrated and electrolyte imbalanced if she's not administered supplemental fluids and electrolytes no matter what the etiology of her symptoms is.

Kya's vet will want to perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests. X-rays or ultrasound of Kya's abdomen may be recommended as well. I regret that I can't be more specific for you. I, too, would need to examine and test her before knowing how to treat her. Kya doesn't have the resereve that a much younger dog has and so I encourage her being seen by her vet at your earliest convenience.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.