Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our dog is a 5 year old Cavapoo who we adopted 2 months ago.

Customer Question

Our dog is a 5 year old Cavapoo who we adopted 2 months ago. He seems like a very healthy dog. His only issue was an ear infection diagnosed by a vet. After a couple of weeks of ear drops, we believe that issue is history. He also weighed 28 pounds. The vet said he should be at 25 or 26 pounds. The previous owner allowed him to eat human food with pizza being his favorite. He has not had human food since we adopted him, and is now weighing in at 26.5 pounds. We had him groomed a month ago and all was well. He started smelling last week so I washed him using Oatmeal pet shampoo. After he dried off, and the following days, he still smelled, with the odor coming from his head/face area. What am I doing wrong? He is also obsessed with licking the carpet, and our feet when allowed.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bailey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?
Customer: Nope, Those are the only two of concern at this time. Thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Does your Cavapoo seem itchy anywhere? Are you noticing any excessive skin shedding or staining of the fur?