Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
92209471

She ate 2 pieces of chocolate filled candy just about 30

Customer Question

she ate 2 pieces of chocolate filled candy just about 30 minites ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: peanut 3 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Peanut?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 1 year ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I understand that your pet ate some chocolate which can be toxic at certain doses based on your pets weight. I can help calculate if the dose your pet was given is a toxic dose but first I need two pieces of information in order to do that.

1) Your pets weight?

2) Ounces or weight of the chocolate ingested? It should say on the bag the ounces for the entire bag and then per serving weight

Or if you cannot figure out the weight of the candy, just tell me the name of the candy she ingested and I should be able to google search for a weight. Thanks