Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I normally feed my dog at 6:00 a.m. after she has eaten. I

Customer Question

I normally feed my dog at 6:00 a.m. after she has eaten. I overslept this morning. It is now 8:00 a.m. Should I feed the dog now and give her her regular shot (10 units)?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Gracie, 11 years.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gracie?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $14 after the Veterinarian responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your diabetic dog. I am a veterinarian; my name is Rebecca.

Yes, do give the insulin, even if it is 2 hours late, and feed her like normal. Tonight give insulin around 9, and then go back to your normal schedule tomorrow.

Let me know if this helps, and what else I can answer. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is your dog doing? Was this helpful; can I answer anything else?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?