Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My Dog hasn't eaten anything since last 8 days, we are

Customer Question

my Dog hasn't eaten anything since last 8 days, we are taking him to the doctor twice a day. He is vomiting mucas, yesterday we got his ultrasound done but all his organs were covered with Mucas. Today while vomiting he collapsed and then we gave him neboliser. we are unable to understand the problem neither our VET. His age is 10yrs and 5 months and its labrador
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Xray report says sever congestion was seen in both lungs and trachea. high amount of fluid accumulation was also seen in both lungs. cardiac silhouette was not clear due to haziness in lungs. severe pleuntis was also evident
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prescription
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Thank you for all the information. I can see that he has a lack of albumin in his bloodstream which can simply be due to starvation but is also seen with a poorly functioning liver unable to manufacture albumin or albumin loss through damaged kidneys or bowel. I need to see a complete urinalysis to comment further about his kidneys which appear to be well, however, as determined from his normal BUN and creatinine.

He collapsed when vomiting which can occur with vagal nerve stimulation by the vomiting or he simply became hypoxic (lack of oxygen to his tissues) due to his respiratory compromise. I don't know what was in the nebulizer and how he responded to it. Please clarify.

The most common reason for his changes in his chest is congestive heart failure but I see no mentioned of how his heart sounded upon ausultation (listening to). The X-ray didn't allow assessment of his heart and so a cardiac ultrasound (echocardiogram) is needed.

Unfortunately, I can't read the prescription. If you could post what the drugs were I could comment further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr my beloved Dog Passed away and I can't describe our feeling

My condolences for your loss of Loopster. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.

You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Loopster. How is everything going?