Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is a shepherd mix weighing approximately 135lbs. He…

Customer Question
My dog is a shepherd...
My dog is a shepherd mix weighing approximately 135lbs. He has a sore on his back hind quarters left side approx. 3" in diamater. All the hair is gone exposing the skin. in itis a circular shape red, irritated, with black spots in it. It it not bleeding and the skin is not broken. It keeps getting larger as he loses the hair around it. He keeps licking it. I do not know how he got this or what it is. When he walks there is a very slight limp. He is not whimpering and let me clean it with a warm wet cloth. it doesn't seem to be getting though. It appears to be getting bigger.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/9/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your guy. Can you take a photo of it and post it for me to see what you're seeing? A picture here may be worth a thousand words. The paper clip icon can be used to attach the photo.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian