Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Last week my dog vomited after eating a certain treat. I…

Customer Question
Last week my dog vomited...
Last week my dog vomited after eating a certain treat. I stopped the treat and he was fine for 5 days. Then last night at 2:00 am he vomited again. He seems okay today playing, walking and eating. Should I be concerned! PS he has been licking his paws a lot!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. If he is eating, drinking, playing and acting normal otherwise; I wouldn't be overly concerned. If he continues to vomit over the next couple days, has diarrhea/bloody stools, is not eating or is lethargic; I would definitely get him seen by your vet. It is difficult to determine if the paw licking is related or not. If it is, it would most likely be related to allergies, more commonly a food allergy (even if he has eaten the same food his whole life). Dogs may do that due to an injury, arthritis, boredom, pain or anxiety as well. If the area is losing hair, looks red or looks swollen; then I would have your vet check it out. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hi Tammy,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Sparkey. How is everything going?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian