Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

5 month old mastiff mix puppies licked/tried to ingest a…

Customer Question
5 month old mastiff mix...
5 month old mastiff mix puppies licked/tried to ingest a rotten hard boiled egg (left over from Easter 2015) that they found in the yard. I don't think they actually ate any of it, but the smell of it is nauseating! Should we get them to an emergency vet facility?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about these puppies and the stinky egg.
I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. I'm also grateful you're willing to do what you can to help these cats. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.

Forget this...you don't even have the right kind of animal "help these cats"??? Not trusting you

Oh, no... I'm so sorry. I made the error as I was cutting and pasting on my phone where it was hard to see what I was doing. I am on my computer now, and I really do understand you are talking about puppies. Will you give me another chance?

No

My apologies. I'm really sorry to have disappointed you, but I completely understand. I would have reacted the same way in your situation.

I will contact customer service so you can arrange a refund.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian