Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog may have eaten Tomcat Rat Poison, is a 10 pound 2.5

Customer Question

My dog may have eaten Tomcat Rat Poison
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if May will be able to digest that. How old is May?
Customer: Butler is a 10 pound 2.5 year old Cockapoo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about May?
Customer: He is healthy and up to date on his shots
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since she ate the poison?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Within the past 2 hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking for Hydrogen Peroxide 3% now-if not-I can run to the store and get some
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have peroxide?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Email works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Writing works-no need to call
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

I can't make a live call, disregard the site offer, sorry. Please let me know if you have peroxide?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't find peroxide but my husband can run out to get some
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else I can use to induce vomiting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have activated charcoal
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, the active ingredient in Tomcat is Bromethalin which is a central nervous system poison, there is no antidote. It is important to try to induce vomiting immediately, I would strongly recommend taking him to the nearest ER veterinarian and they can induce vomiting with a medication called apomorphine, please do not wait any longer, time is of essence.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!