Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

What's the maximum dosage I can give my lab with mastitis…

Customer Question
What's the maximum dosage I...
What's the maximum dosage I can give my lab with mastitis and nursing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** ***** question, the maximum dose depends on the dog's weight. Specifically, the dosing range of Cephalexin is 10-30mg per kilogram of the dog's body weight given every 12 hours. This is usually given for 7-14 days and if the mastitis does not settled, then we sometimes need to culture the milk to identify the bacteria present and determine what drugs its vulnerable to.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

**Please do make sure to rate my answer, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you (this is at no extra cost to what you have paid already). IF you have any lingering questions, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)

Hi Shelley,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet