Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Newly diagnosed with diabetes (3wks). We can't get blood…

Customer Question
Newly diagnosed with diabetes...

Newly diagnosed with diabetes (3wks). We can't get blood sugar below 400. Dosage has been upped from 4 to 6 units twice a day. Did a curve all day. Low of 462 and now 710. Suggestions?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the diabetes. What is the dog's name?

Katie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Katie?

Gastrointestinal issues also so high fiber diet along with the insulin isn't possible. Many urinary track infections, twice a year at least. She is a King Charles Spaniel 5 yrs old.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Katie.
I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian