Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog's toe and toenail appear to be bothering m. He is…

Customer Question
My dog's toe and toenail...
My dog's toe and toenail appear to be bothering him. He is limping, the outer area of his toe is slightly swollen and the entire top of paw is warm and slightly inflamed. My dog only yelps when I touch or push down on the toenail or outer toe of the hurt paw. I wrapped my dogs paw in an ace bandage which seemed to help. When I took the bandage off his paw was no longer inflamed and his toe was not swollen. My dog licked on the area incessantly and it is red again. I cleaned his paw and wrapped it again. Is there anything I can give my dog for the pain until I can get him to the vet on Monday?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: brisadog,
 replied 2 years ago
brisadog

Hi, I can help you with your question today.

Dog Veterinarian: brisadog,
 replied 2 years ago

Does Mojo have a sensitive stomach? Or any history of liver or kidney problems?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian