Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 11 year old Inglish Labrador on February 7 started

Customer Question
limping from his left back...
My 11 year old Inglish Labrador on February 7 started limping from his left back leg and I called are vet and was told its arthritis gave mess for pain and I tried this for one week . And then took him to the ear who told me it was ccl injury , now I've had X-ray to prove it is but now he's not wanting to use his right for support.the right leg showed more arthritis then the left and he weighs 83 pounds so I feel his right leg is to weak to hold his weight in the back?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/6/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I have a question before I can help you properly. I understand his right leg is not supporting him now, were the xrays taken only of the left knee? Or did they take xrays of the right knee and hips as well?

Dr. Dan

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian