Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I'm so fearful. 14 yr old lab not eating. Tips over upon any

Customer Question
exertion. Won't go upstairs. Vomiting...
I'm so fearful. 14 yr old lab not eating. Tips over upon any exertion. Won't go upstairs. Vomiting yellow froth. Added Pepcid per vet. Blood work ok. History of seizures but no granmal in 2 yrs. totally exhausted, no interest. Attribute slight shaking to pre vomit. Coughing, shallow labored breathing. Added Dramamine for possible vestibular syndrome. Seems unaware standing oddly for long periods. Very unsteady. Looks like stroke symptoms. Blood work shows no heart stretch muscle debri. Vet says teeth and ears are ok. No infection in blood work. Any advice would be so appreciated. Cheryl
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/5/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 1 year ago
Drhollowayvet

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short.

I am so very sorry that Harley is not doing so well. I will do my best to advise you on my thoughts of what could be contributing to his illness and the next best steps for his care.

I see you have had some diagnostics done for him. The coughing and labored breathing is a concern of lung involvement here. Has he had chest x-rays to look at his lungs for any potential infection or masses (due to his age)?

Also has he had a heartworm test done to check for heartworm disease (suspected because of the cough)?

- Dr. H

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian