Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog started acting very strange and paranoid with an

Customer Question
Hi my dog started acting...
Hi my dog started acting very strange and paranoid with an anxiety attack after leaving him in my room that just had the carpet taken up and replaced with wood. My Roomate just bought this house and apparently it was just disgusting the floor/carpets and from what looked like to me there was previous drugs in the house when the floor was taken up so I have been cleaning every day even if it looks clean and I'm thinking he not only layed in it but possibly ingested something . I have filled a syringe to 100cc of water into his mouth several times to keep him drinking fluids because he will not eat or drink anything. He is not hyperventilating and wheezing like he was after s good bath but and fluids.exteeme Paranoia and hallucinating is present . What else can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/4/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

I am sorry to hear your dog is having this problem.

The signs could be due to some kind of toxin exposure from something in the floor (either ingesting something or from fumes).

If he is still acting abnormal this morning, I recommend a visit to the vet to make sure there is nothing else going on by checking some baseline bloodwork. This bloodwork is going to look mainly at the kidneys and liver to make sure there is no issue there causing the abnormal signs.

If he seems to be improving, you can try monitoring at home. Make sure you air out the room if there are any fumes and make sure your dog is not licking or ingesting anything in the room (crate or isolate in another room if necessary). Also, I would make sure to clean the floors and room very well today, scrubbing down the walls and floor, as well as potentially adding in an air filter.

Please let me know if I can help you with any other information. I wish you and your dog the best.

I just wanted to check in. I never heard back from you. How is your pet doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!

Hi Erin,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bubba. How is everything going?
Dr. G.