Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Incognance what can be done 12 year pld dog

Customer Question
incognance what can be done...
incognance what can be done for a 12 year pld dog
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/3/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is your dog having fecal or urinary incontinence?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1. urinary
2. getting ready bad the last week
3.no has been really healthy.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there medicine for this.

1- Is she drinking more than usual?

2- Is the incontinence happening when she is sleeping, resting or walking?

3- Is she urinating more frequently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1.No
2.while sleeping and some when she first gets up
3.I don't think so

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, as you already know what you are describing is called "urinary incontinence." The most common cause for urinary incontinence in female dogs is a weak urethral sphincter (structure that holds the urine in bladder). Treatment is a daily medication (proin) that acts directly on the sphincter making it stronger and preventing the incontinence. Other possible causes could be urinary infections, bladder stones, neurological, etc. Unfortunately, not much I can recommend for you to try at home. She will need to be seen by your family veterinarian, your vet may run some test like a urinalysis and +/- xrays to rule in a weak urethral sphincter. Once she is started on the medication the episodes of incontinence or urine leakage should stop.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you going to answer

Friend, I did answer please read above. I will repeat the answer below:

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
refund my money not satisfied. did not complete my questions

Did you see my answer above?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian