Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 5 yr lab is very active and follows me everywhere.

Customer Question
Tonight she does not. She...
My 5 yr lab is very active and follows me everywhere. Tonight she does not. She wants to lie in her bed. Her eyes are very heavy and she keeps licking her mouth.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/3/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me if your dog has had any vomiting? If you look at her gums, do they look moist and pink? or pale? If you press on the gums with your fingertip, then pull your finger away, does the color immediately return to the gums or does it take longer than 2 seconds to return to normal?

It appears you aren't online right now and I am headed to bed, so I will open your question back up in case another expert is online later when you are back on the computer.

Dog Veterinarian: Doc Sara, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that Brandi was acting oddly last night. How is she today? Do you still need help? If so, please reply with an update on her condition and we can chat.

Thanks

~Dr. Sara

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian