Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has an outbreak on the back of s head/neck that looks…

Customer Question
my dog has an outbreak...
my dog has an outbreak on the back of his head/neck that looks like it has (now, previously clear) looks like blood inside of it - it it not painful to touch, is not warm. Should I pop it? Please advise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/1/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Tiny. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How big is the outbreak? How long has it been there?

Is is raised above the rest of the skin? I am trying to get a mental picture of what you see before I tell you to pop it or not. Could you post a picture of it?

I don't have a phone cam. it is raized. it is about 1 inch in diameter. what looked like clear fluid inside of it is now a dark red. it is not painful to touch Tiny shakes his head a lot and I think it might be related to the bump
I am thinking of sterilizing a sewing needle and popping it like that.
why was I charged $36 when I could have had a free trial. Please advise.

If he is scratching at his ears, he may have a rash or a blood blister on his neck from scratching.

If it is a blood blister, you do not need to pop it. It will heal on its own.

Does he have any discharge in his ears?

I can answer questions about Tiny but I don't have access to information about your account. I don't know anything about what you were charged. You can contact the website moderators on the drop down menu if you need to know about charges.