Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

ANY thing I can do older dog who cannot sleep due to an

Customer Question

ANY thing I can do for an older dog who cannot sleep due to an extremely stuffy nose she is on antibiotics has dr appt tomorrow but has not slept for at least 7 days.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Your best bet here is likely going to be benadryl. You can give it along with the nasal spray, no problems with interaction. I would give 1mg/lb of benadryl and hope for the best until you can see your vet tomorrow. Good luck... these cases can be tough.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome! Hope tonight goes well. Please remember to rate my service so that I will receive credit for assisting you tonight. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Take care.