Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a puppy and he is quite sad and lethargy, he soft not…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a puppy and he is quite sad and lethargy, he poops soft not normal, and her nose is dry and warm. thanks!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the puppy. What is the puppy's name?

Well, he is like sleepy not to much play as usual. and it seems she is complaining, her name is Fossie.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/29/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hi there, sorry to hear Fossie is not feeling well. How old is Fossie? How is his/her appetite? Do you have a thermometer you could use to see if he/she has a fever?

Yes to which question? You have a thermometer? How is his her appetite? Hold old is Fossie?

Im sorry, Yes, I have a thermometer, she ate in the morning, normal, she drinks normal, she is 5 months old. She is just calm down, not normal in her, she is an Old English shepherd.

Thank you, ***** ***** her temperature. Put a little Ky jelly or vaseline on the tip of the thermometer and insert it about an inch into the rectum or it beeps. A normal temperature for a dog is 100-102.5 F

Has she had any new food or treats? Any chance she got into something?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian