Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

12 year old dog. ate used dryer sheets all of the sudden.

Customer Question
then ate a lot of...
12 year old dog. ate used dryer sheets all of the sudden. then ate a lot of grass and threw 2 of them up. has never done anything like this before.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/28/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian

Hello, My name is***** i am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

I am sorry to hear this. This is unfortunately very common.

The dryer sheets can cause irritation of the stomach and intestines, leading to vomiting and sometimes diarrhea.

It would be best to avoid feeding him tonight to prevent any unnecessary vomiting.

If your dog vomits over and over tonight, a trip to the vet is recommended to help stop the vomiting and look for a potential blockage or obstruction of the GI tract.

Most of the time they will do just fine after vomiting them up, but expect some diarrhea down the road that should resolve within a few days. Please let me know if I can help you any further. I will await your response.

I just wanted to check in. How is your pet doing? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time.

I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!

I just wanted to check in. I never heard back from you. How is your pet doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time. I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!

Dr. G.
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian