Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Can my dog take tramadol with having diabetes, My dog just…

Customer Question
Can my dog take...

Can my dog take tramadol with having diabetes

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My dog just got diagnosed with diabetes and is in pain can she take tramadol

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/28/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian

Hello, My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Your dog can indeed have tramadol while being diabetic as long as she is not on any medication that would interfere with it. What medications is she currently taking right now?

Just an antibiotic called cephalexin

I see. This should not cause a problem with tramadol. She can indeed take this medication as previously prescribed.

Okay thank you so much.

You are very welcome. I wish you and your dog the best.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Dr. G.
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian