Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My name it ***** ***** and it's about my dog, My puppy

Customer Question
My name it *****...

My name it ***** ***** and it's about my dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My puppy Beagle is 6-7 weeks old and on Thursday was active, had an appetite and on Friday he threw up in the morning and became lazy. He also got his 1st set of shots then too. All day Friday he slept, only to wake up to go to the bathroom. He had clear diarrhea and just slept and wasn't active. Saturday was a little active and I mean very little. Poop was better. Now today he's throwing up water and can't hold it down

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/28/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

2- Does he still have diarrhea?

3- How long since the last time he vomited?

4- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?

His food from the breeder to me has changed, I don't believe he got into anything. I know he ate a tiny bit of mashed potatoes because my son thought he could have it. Also had a soft treat on Thursday. Last night he had diarrhea and it looked it had mucus in it, he hasn't pooped today. He vomited 10 minutes ago and his gums are pale.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, vomiting and loose stool can be caused by many different medical conditions. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing. But, in a puppy common causes are: Ingestion of a foreign body, infections (parvo), intestinal parasites, etc. to name a few causes. Regardless of the underlying cause the fact that he has pale gums is a major concern. This could be a sign of either: Anemia, severe dehydration, poor circulation, etc. Dogs that develop pale gums that go untreated will often have a fatal outcome. For this reason I would strongly recommend having him checked today by ER veterinarian, do not wait. He will need to be placed on IV fluids, anti emetics, etc. while attending veterinarian runs some testing to determine the exact underlying cause for the vomiting. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian