Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Congestion and a rattle in s breathing, is it

Customer Question
Congestion and a rattle...

Congestion and a rattle in his breathing

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Is it allergies....he can't seem to settle down...or sleep, keeps licking with his tongue

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Louie, a yorkshire terrier with liver issues

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Louie?

6 years and four months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Louie?

Just that he has chronic liver issues and has been on a homeopathic diet and that saved him.....Vet wanted to put him down

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/28/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

Does he have any discharge at his eyes and nose? If so, what color?

Any coughing or sneezing? Does the congestion seem to be in both nostrils?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian