Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 7 year old dog just had surgery stones 3 days ago. She…

Customer Question
My 7 year old dog...
My 7 year old dog just had surgery for bladder stones 3 days ago. She was doing fine except she is panting quite a bit, has the shivers most of the time and isn't eating. I took her back to the vet this afternoon and they said they had neglected to give me pain medication for her. They gave her a shot and sent some home with me for her but she doesn't seem any better. What do you think?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/28/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What pain relief did they give?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Does she have any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling, or excessive swallowing?