Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog amaltese terrier is good all day but after her dinner…

Customer Question
my dog amaltese terrier is...
my dog amaltese terrier is good all day long but after her dinner goes all wierd, she will not leave me aloneshe climbs all over me not leave me alone pawing me and will not st opsh is shut in the laundry now for peace and quiet
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since this behavior is after dinner, it appears that your gal is having some digestive issues that is causing her pain and in turn, causes her to feel insecure. The first thing to do is to follow these instructions:

Fast your girl for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.
Give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.
Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes
After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)

If she is feeling better, wean her back to her regular diet. If she is still exhibiting this odd behavior, have your vet examine her since we may have missed something. The one thing that we do know is that something is wrong with your gal and it is important to find the cause so it can be treated.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

thank you for your answer but tonight she has returned to normal, so hopefully she will be ok. my daughter went to get the meds you suggested and one we have to have a script and the chemist would not give her the other one for a dog in australiathank you for your help and please cacel my free week and return my deposit barbara and maggie

I am happy to hear that things are good for your gal, Barbara and Maggie. It is good to keep this in mind in case this happens again.

Have a wonderful day, Barbara and Maggie!

maggie still doing ok but still havnt received my deposit asi understood it hope to hear soon barbara

I am so happy that Maggie is doing well, Barbara. AS far as the deposit, contact***@******.*** to ask for that. Have a great day!

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian