Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog suddenly started acting weird, red ears, constantly…

Customer Question
My dog suddenly started acting...
My dog suddenly started acting weird, red ears, constantly shaking his head, he is slinking when he walks, seems uneasy, vomited up bile one time and was retching repeatedly but only spit and foam came out. He is itching his legs and lower belly a little, not excessively.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
He also seems to be sniffing a lot more than usual
2/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. You've described a hypersensitivity reaction to a food, drug, chemical, envenomation by flying insect or spider, and, less commonly, an environmental allergen such as pollens, molds, dust, and dust mites, etc. Have you noticed hives or wheals appearing on his skin as well? Please give me an update on your dog.