Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog has been vomiting at irregular intervals, just a few times ,not much, she still eats, for about a week, we just

Customer Question
She has been vomiting...

She has been vomiting at irregular intervals, just a few times ,not much, she still eats, for about a week, we just found blood in her urine....she peed on the floor after just going on a walk

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

She is a 7year old pug/shitzhu

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. The blood in the urine is a big clue as to what is going on .

1. She may have a urinary tract infection

2. She could have bladder stones

3. She could have a kidney infection

As long as she is eating and drinking well you can wait until tomorrow to take her to the vet. But she does need to see a vet as soon as possible and have her urine checked.

If there is a lot of blood in the urine the vet will want to do an x-ray or ultrasound to see if she has bladder stones.

Most likely antibiotics will be prescribed if she has an infection.

The vomiting can happen with the stress and pain of a urinary tract infection.

A kidney infection can also cause vomiting but it usually suppresses the appetite as well. The vet may want to do blood work to check her kidneys.

If she starts to pass large blood clots, her gums turn pale-white, or she becomes extremely lethargic here she is not getting up and moving around then she needs to see the ER vet tonight.

Otherwise I would take her to the regular vet first thing in the morning.

How does that sound? Do you have any additional questions?

If you are all set please rate my answer by clicking on the stars. Many Thanks

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian