Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My name is ***** *****, and my dog is shivering and s

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****, and my dog is shivering and his abdomen is hard. He hasn't had a bowel movement this morning, so I'm guessing constipation?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He won't lay down because his stomach hurts. What can I do for this?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is hard to know if your guy is constipated or that he has injured his back in some way. This can happen just by moving the wrong way and this can cause extreme pain. For now, give your guy aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs and at the same time, give him a dose of Laxatone, available at the pet store. This is used in cats as a laxative but is very effective in dogs also. Give a dose of this every 4-6 hrs. If your guy has not improved after 6-12 hrs, seek help from your veterinarian. This may be more serious than merely constipation.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta