Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Rectol bleeding in dogs

Customer Question
rectol bleeding in dogs
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/26/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How much blood have you seen? A spoonful, more or less?

Is it being passed when Maddie is straining, passing stool, or is it dripping from her rectum freely?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, stones, socks, rat bait, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?