Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My name is ***** ***** and i think my 11 year old maltese…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** ***** and i think my 11 year old maltese has an ear infection

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

She yelps when i go near her head, and upon inspection it looks like her ear canal is red, inflamed, and stinks

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/25/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Friend, what you are describing is consistent with an ear infection as you have suspected. Your dog is going to need topical medications from your family veterinarian. In the meantime you can mix in a cup 1/3 white vinegar and 3/4 of warm water; use this solution to clean the ear with cotton 2 times a day.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian