Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I think my friends dog ate some meth I thimk, The dog is…

Customer Question
I think my friends...

I think my friends dog ate some meth I thimk

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The dog is real nervous acting and skiddish

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/24/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your issue. If you think the dog could have ingested meth, it definitely recommended that he be taken to an emergency vet. This can be life threatening in some dogs. I am attaching a link to an article on this problem for you to review for more information: http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/poisoning-toxicity/c_dg_amphetamine_poisoning_in_dogs

Signs can include hyperactivity, nervousness/restlessness, panting, muscle tremors, seizures, increased heart rate, dilated pupils, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, and in some cases death.

Do not hesitate to take the dog in because you are afraid the vet will report you or your friend. Vets do not care about that, we just want to be sure your pet is safe!

Jess K
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian