Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have two puppies came home and they eat some leather from

Customer Question
a chair and they are...
I have two puppies came home and they eat some leather from a chair and they are throwing up a lot of thick clear stuff should I let them s;eep
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Fats and Lucky their mother is here and she is fine could it be they were to hot
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. Are you ready to speak with the Veterinarian now?
Customer: how much will that cost
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: let me talk to my husband first will let you know
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/23/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple of questions to see if I can better assess your situation, though.

How old are they?

How often have they vomited?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they were born Dec 7 and Fats a lot of times I gave him some Pediatric Electrolyte and water in a med dropped he is sleep now Lucky twice

Thanks for the information. In general, if a puppy this young has vomited a lot of times it is usually recommended to have them evaluated immediately. The reason is that puppies get dehydrated a lot easier than adult dogs, and it is just about impossible to keep up hydration demands with a syringe. Plus, they tend to get low blood sugar very easily. It may just be an upset stomach, but I would be concerned if they ate enough leather to cause an obstruction. If they are hypoglycemic (low blood sugar), it can sometimes be difficult to tell if they are just sleeping or suffering from low blood sugar. My best advice is to have them seen now because if they get worse, you may be looking at emergency care later, which can get far more expensive. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian