Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog has been sleeping all day and hardly has eaten. she went #2 this morning and there was something else in it. she

Customer Question
She has been sleeping...

She has been sleeping all day and hardly has eaten. she went #2 this morning and there was something else in it. she might be constipated. she's a puppy shepard mix. she is even looks very tired. dry nose.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Honey

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Honey?

She's 11 months. active usually. we've been going on runs almost everyday and was over at my friends house last night. she's a puppy who chews on many different things and gets into trash cans and is around other dogs a lot. maybe she has caught something.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/23/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

What was in her stool? Blood, mucus, foreign body?

Was she straining to go?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Can she eating and drinking? Can she at least keep water down?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian