Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My terrier swallowed a quarter days ago, She's a thirteen

Customer Question
My terrier swallowed a quarter...
My terrier swallowed a quarter days ago
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She's a thirteen pound cairn X-ray showed a quarter but advised not to remove unless vomiting or other evidence of it moving to obstruct We are in Florida and our caretaker advised she threw up at 4am and did not want breakfast Question should she go to vet today or can it wait till we are back tomorrow am?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/22/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Friend, the best option is having her re-checked today and not waiting. You see, if the quarter is obstructed in the gastrointestinal tract it can lead to significant inflammation in that segment of the intestines and may lead to irreversible damage or even rupture to that segment with a fatal outcome. For this reason it is best to not wait and have her checked today; she may need surgery to remove the quarter.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian