Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
14008320

My dog is being treated. Today she is shaking. We are

Customer Question

My dog is being treated for addisons. Today she is shaking.
We are leaving for my daughters wedding Tuesday and the dog is staying with friends. What do you think is wrong.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.

When was Addison's diagnosed?

How long has Lily been getting medication?

What medications does she get (oral medications, injections)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3-4 yes ago Gemfibrozil and prednisone
Shot cortisone something every 25-27 days
Last shot was 2/12. That shot was unusually late. It had been 31 days it was an oversight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.

Understood.

So, she has been stable for a very long time. I am a bit doubtful that missing a shot by a few days would cause an imbalance, but I can't be sure. Tremors are common with Addisonaians prior to treatment starting. Tremors or shaking can also occur with nausea, pain, fear. Generally, Addisonians are treated with Percorten shot. This is not a steroid shot. So, if not regularly getting Percorten (DOCP) shots that may now be an absolute necessity.

Definitely, this is well worth a vet visit today to get her stabilized and assess if the cause is unregulated Addison's at this point.

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.

The shot every 25-27 days does sound like Percorten to me but didn't want to assume it. It is possible that the delayed shot is the cause. Either way, got to get in to any vet to get her stabilized.

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Lily. How is everything going?