Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a lump almost the size of a golf ball on the

Customer Question
Hi there! My dog...

Hi there! My dog has a lump almost the size of a golf ball on the center of his tail. He is a basset hound dauschund mix. The lump was s

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The lump was Smaller about a week ago but just in the last day or two it looks like he has chewed or licked it and it has gotten worse. I am more into natural cures and put Frankenscense essential oil on it and he has chewed the hair off of it... It hasn't seemed to bother him until the last few days

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/20/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has it been present?

Any odor or discharge from it now?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian