Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a pit that sudden losing weight and has a low

Customer Question
hello, I have a pit...
hello, I have a pit bull that sudden losing weight and has a low appetite what should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/20/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has he been showing signs?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, vomiting, or diarrhea?

Is he drinking normally?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian