Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

If I do try to give her pepcid and I have 20 mg and she is…

Customer Question
If I do try to...
If I do try to give her pepcid and I have 20 mg and she is 10 to 15 pounds how would I do that and can it be crushed
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/19/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

I would give 1/4 of a tablet once daily. The pill will likely be quite tiny once quartered- it could be hidden in a small piece of bread, or placed in the back of the mouth, on the back of the tongue, or crushed (though sometimes when crushing a pill and mixing with food if the pet doesn't like the taste, it is more obvious if it has been crushed into some food). Here is a video which shows you how you can put a pill into the back of your dog's mouth in order to medicate them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3yHgItqGmo

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lala. How is everything going?
Jessica Keay