Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a yellow lab im house sitting that just ate a bag of

Customer Question
hershey kisses foil and all JA...
I have a yellow lab im house sitting that just ate a bag of hershey kisses foil and all
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He's a big lab and the bag was foil wrapped little chocolate pieces 11 ounces. Just happened
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since he ate it?

2- Was it dark or milk chocolate?

3- How much does he weigh?

4- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not sure how much he weighs but yes he's pretty big, it was milk chocolate, and it's been 15 min
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hydrogen I have it

Let's try to induce vomiting with peroxide. This is what you can do:

To induce vomiting this is what you can do:

1- Give him 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow him to walk for a minute and move his belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If he does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- Please let me know if he vomits, I will be on stand bye for 20 minutes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she's not throwing up
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Walking a little, how long can it take

If he does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this stuff doesn't seem to be phasing her
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Salt?

No salt. How many times have you given the peroxide?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2

Give it a 3rd time. Let me know in 5-10 minutes if he vomits.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But now it's been like 30 or more min. Since she ate it, there are 2 other big dogs they may have shared it with her. The bag had 6 or 7 candies I guess missing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there any reason why she hasn't thrown up

Some dogs do not vomit with peroxide and we need to use other medication. If she does not vomit after the 3rd dose I would take her to the nearest veterinarian and they can induce vomiting with a medication called apomorphine.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian